Summer is one of the seasons that may cause great damage to your skin due to the exposure to the high temperature for a long time. Therefore, it may cause skin problems such as darkening of its color or the appearance of pimples and acne, so you must take care of your skin as much as possible, and change your skin care routine to suit the summer season in order to enjoy the summer with wonderful and perfect skin.
But before thinking about appropriate solutions to protect the skin from the hot summer, know your skin type first:
Those with oily skin are the most susceptible to various skin problems due to the high levels of the production of the oily sebum.
- The oily skin is shiny as a result of excess sebum secretion.
- It suffers from the problem of wide pores.
- It is most susceptible to skin problems such as pimples, blackheads, and acne.
- Oily skin is more affected by hormonal changes during pregnancy or menstruation.
- Dry skin often appears pale or dull.
- It has fine lines.
- It is the most susceptible to the appearance of irritated red spots.
- Its texture tends to be rough.
Oily Skin Care in Summer: Tips for Managing Excess Sebum
- Do not wash the skin too much because the fats produced by the skin keep the skin moisturized and protect it from irritation. Thus, the face can be washed only twice a day. Moreover, you should use a cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
- Do not touch the face with the hands; so that the wide pores of the skin are not contaminated and filled with dust. It is important to use a toner with a pore-holding quality.
- Moreover, it is useful to use natural materials that tighten the pores, moisturize the face, and clean the skin. Glycolic acid, salicylic acid, amide niacin, and caffeine are very significant for the oily skin.
- Eat foods that contain vitamin A because it can help to treat the oily skin; it is also necessary in the process of renewing skin cells. It can be taken through nutritional supplements, or eating carrots, melons, and fish.
- Exfoliate the skin once a week with natural recipes from home, such as cucumber and lemon.
Dry Skin Care in Summer: Hydration and Nourishment for a Smooth Complexion
- Do not shower with excessively hot water, so that the moisturizing oils naturally secreted by the skin are not absorbed.
- Use a moisturizer for dry skin after cleansing the skin with a mild cleanser.
- Avoid exfoliating the skin as much as possible because dry skin can easily become irritated.
Mixed Skin Care in Summer: Balancing Oiliness and Dryness
It is difficult to find suitable products for this type of skin because the mixed skin is often oily in the forehead, nose, and chin area, and the rest of the skin is dry, so it suffers a lot in the summer.
The secretion of fat in oily areas must be controlled, and dry areas must be moisturized. Therefore, products made from natural ingredients such as milk, honey, and rose water can be used.
Sensitive Skin Care in Summer: Soothing and Protecting Against Irritation
Sensitive skin suffers a lot in the summer because it gets irritated from exposure to the scorching sun and high temperature. Therefore, it is preferable to use some natural materials on the sensitive skin, such as natural honey and bananas for their great ability to soothe the sensitive skin.
General Tips to Shine Your Skin in the Summer
- Use a silk pillowcase
In the summer, the skin should be well moisturized, so it is important to sleep on silk pillowcases because they are useful in preventing wrinkles and keeping the skin more hydrated.
- Use Vitamin C
Vitamin C is one of the main antioxidants that maintain the health and nourishment of the skin, whether it is taken orally or through nutritional supplements. Therefore, using Vitamin C face cream every night before going to bed will restore vitality to your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply Collagen
Collagen creams for the skin are among the most important products that should be adopted in the summer; collagen is able to renew skin cells. It also works to increase the skin elasticity and hydration, lighten skin color, and remove hyperpigmentation that may occur largely in the summer due to UV rays.
You can now constantly follow our website and visit our page on Instagram and Facebook to receive the latest news in the world of beauty, hair and skin care and the newest body, skin and hair care products.